Any of these excuses sound familiar?
If you don’t have a written Estate Plan do any of the justifications below sound like ones you may have used?
1. I have no idea who to call, why bother.
2. I don’t want to talk about my own death or illness; my family will just figure it out.
3. I don’t know the choices that I would make so I will wait until I figure it out before I talk to someone.
4. I don’t know who I want to care for my children; I’ll let my family decide.
5. I heard it was so expensive that I don’t have the money to spend right now.
6. I don’t even know what an Estate Plan really is and why I need one. I don’t have enough money to even need to worry about it.
7. I am never going to go into a nursing home or get ill.
If any of the justifications for not having a written Estate Plan above sound familiar, you are not alone. Speaking with an Estate Planning attorney about these important issues may be difficult for some, but so important to deal with.
Call our Charlotte Estate Planning law firm at 704-843-1446. Let us show you that your hesitations and concerns all have a solution that you can be comfortable with. Sometimes talking it through with an experienced estate planner is just what is needed. I look forward to talking to you soon!