Do YOU need to have an Estate Plan?
I always emphasize to my clients that it doesn’t matter…
1. whether you are healthy or not
2. whether you are married or divorced or single
3. how large your estate is
4. whether you have children or not
5. your age or stage in life
…everyone should have an estate plan in place.
Estate planning has everything to do with…
1. we WILL all die one day (totally out of our control)
2. we MAY become incapacitated one day (it may or may not happen…we never know)
3. whether YOU want to retain control over your medical care and what happens to your assets
If you do not put something in writing you are risking others making decisions for you. What if you don’t want that person making decisions? What if you want your decisions to be made and not those of other people? What if you want to retain control at a time in which you have no control? The only way to ensure your wishes are carried out is to put it in writing NOW while you still can.
Call our Wills and Trust firm in the Ballantyne area of Charlotte, North Carolina at 704-843-1446 and we will be happy to show you how your wishes can be put in place. It isn’t as complicated as you may think it is!!