Issues of Elder Law
Understanding the Issues of Elder Law, Sabrina will guide you on the legal and financial aspects of the next stage of your life or the life of a loved one.
An Elder Law Attorney must also understand the surrounding personal concerns of their clients, such as health, financial, and family issues, and how those affect their clients’ legal issues. The legal needs of many older Americans go beyond basic legal services. They are also all intertwined.
Recently Heard’s article entitled “What You Need to Know About Elder Law” explains that other specific areas of expertise include the following:
- End-of-life planning could extend to planning your health care support system as you age, signing a power of attorney, establishing a living will, and other issues surrounding end-of-life care. Some Must-Have Documents are Always Needed
- Financial issues frequently entail questions about retirement and financial planning, housing financing, income, estate tax planning, and gift tax issues.
- Long-term care can include planning for asset protection, insurance for in-home care or assistance with activities of daily living, Medicare planning, insurance, veterans’ benefits, and other issues. Feud Between Brothers Demonstrates the Need to Plan for Long-Term Care
- Residents’ rights issues may include claims or complaints you bring while a patient is in a nursing home or long-term care facility.
- Workplace discrimination issues stem, from the fact that older Americans sometimes face age and disability discrimination in the workplace.
- Guardianship issues might include guardianship avoidance, planning wills, and trusts, planning for the future of a special needs child, probate court, and other issues surrounding minor or adult children. What Is A Special Needs Trust Attorney?
- Landlord-tenant law may mean handling disputes with landlords, contesting an eviction, dealing with foreclosure issues, rent increases, and more.
- Abuse, neglect, and fraud. These elder law attorneys specialize in cases where an older client is being victimized.
“Understanding the Issues of Elder Law, Sabrina will guide you on the legal and financial aspects of the next stage of your life or the life of a loved one. “
Reference: Recently Heard (June 23, 2022) “What You Need to Know About Elder Law”
Suggested Key Terms: Elder Law Attorney, Financial Planning, Medicaid Planning Lawyer, Disability, Social Security, Elder Care, Reverse Mortgage, Estate Planning, Guardianship, Conservatorship, Tax Planning, Veterans’ Benefits, Caregiving